Let's Talk HIV Prevention
Enterprise-sponsored Community Events Around the World
Let’s Talk HIV Prevention is a series of worldwide community events to raise awareness of the exceptional progress and challenges in HIV prevention research and to increase leadership opportunities for young and early-career investigators. As part of the series the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise provides funding and support to individuals and organizations around the world interested in hosting a community event around HIV Vaccine Awareness Day (18 May).
The Enterprise launched the Let's Talk HIV Prevention series on World AIDS Day 2010 in response to the 2010 Scientific Strategic Plan (2010 Plan) of the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise, a collaborative framework to accelerate HIV vaccine research and development. The 2010 Plan calls for an expansion of career development and leadership opportunities for young and early-career investigators as well as investigators from countries highly affected by the epidemic.
Congratulations to the individuals selected to host the 2011 Let's Talk HIV Prevention events. Twelve events took place around the world to commemorate HIV Vaccine Awareness Day. Click the links below for the full reports and images from these events.
- Michele Andrasik, Seattle, USA
- Pedro Arista, San Francisco, USA
- Benard Barasa, Nairobi, Kenya
- Candice Chetty, Rustenburg, North West Province, South Africa
- Thandekile Essien, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Paula Frew, Atlanta, USA
- Lillian Mutengu – Kasirye, Kampala, Uganda
- Haoyu Qian, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Bonnie Jeanne Saxon, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Raghvendra Upadhyay, Varanasi, India
- Stephen Walsh, Boston, USA
- Vincent Basajja, Masaka, Uganda