The Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise (Enterprise) works to accelerate the development of a preventive HIV vaccine to help end the AIDS epidemic. It is a unique collaboration of the world’s leading HIV vaccine research, funding, policymaking, advocacy and stakeholder organizations committed to advancing HIV vaccine research and development through coordination, collaboration, knowledge sharing and ensuring adequate resources are available and used effectively.
A talented and committed Secretariat supports the Enterprise. It manages, conceptualizes and facilitates Enterprise-endorsed programs that will have positive impact the overall HIV vaccine effort.
The Enterprise seeks a New York City-based Managing Director of External Affairs to lead its communications and donor relations. The Managing Director is primarily responsible for the organization’s communications with scientists, donors and potential partners who are devoted to finding an effective vaccine to be used in ending the AIDS epidemic. As part of the Enterprise’s management team, the Managing Director of External Affairs:
- Creates and leads a comprehensive communications, marketing and brand-building program to advance the mission of the Enterprise with target audiences.
- Develops and implements an annual strategic communications plan and manages the writing, production and distribution of all print and electronic publications.
- Ensures that information is captured and disseminated through appropriate channels.
- Produces proposals and reports to funders and ensures that the Enterprise and its programs are adequately funded.
- Oversees all aspects of the field’s most important biannual global conference, which brings together more than 1,300 scientists and journalists.
- Represents the Enterprise in face-to-face meetings and makes presentations and conferences and other events.