Cent Gardes Conference:
Established in 1986 by Dr. Charles Mérieux and organized since by Dr. Marc Girard, the Cent Gardes symposium has been one of the premier international scientific events of its type on the subject of HIV/AIDS. The 2015 Cent Gardes Conference on HIV Vaccines was held at Les Pensières conference center, Annecy, France from 25 - 27 October. The conference gathered together international speakers of the highest level: scientific experts from public and private research, from hospitals and universities, and representatives from the health authorities of many countries to present their work in the field of HIV/AIDS.
The conference sessions addressed a broad-range of topics pertinent to HIV vaccine research including:
- B-cell and T-cell pathways in HIV infection
- Blocking virus entry
- Role of broadly neutralizing antibodies
- Passive immunization and vectored immunoprophylaxis
- Antibody effector functions
- Mucosal immune responses
- Cellular immune responses to HIV infection
- Update on clinical trials
- Control of viral reservoirs
Partnering with the Cent Gardes organizers, the Global HIV Vaccine Enterprise recorded several of the presentations for webcasting. They are now available for viewing using the link above.